Nicole DeAvilla, E-RYT 500, RPYT, RCYT*
- Media spokesperson on Yoga and Yoga Related topics
- Pioneer Yoga Instructor in Prenatal/Postpartum Yoga and Yoga Therapy
- Host of The Two Minute Yoga Channel on Ustream
- Best Selling Author of “The 2 Minute Yoga Solution FAST and EASY Stress and Back Pain Relief for ANYONE at ANYTIME”
- Former member International Association of Yoga Therapists Accreditation Committee – charged with implementing the new Educational Standards for Yoga Therapists
- Faculty for Ananda Yoga Therapist Training and Prenatal Yoga Training, and for Hot Yoga Wellness 500 hour and Yoga Therapist Training
- Yoga Researcher
- Author of numerous articles and blog posts
- Public Speaker
*E-RYT500 = Experienced Yoga Teacher having completed a minimum 500 hour training, has at least 2000 hours of teaching experience and has taught at least 4 years since graduating.
Nicole’s hours, training and experience far exceed these minimum requirements with nearly 30 years of teaching and 25 years of training yoga teachers and yoga therapists she has over 10,000 hours of experience
RPYT = Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher
RCYT = Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher
Nicole completed her initial Ananda Yoga Teacher Training in 1984. She has a background in Sports Medicine Research, chiropractic physiotherapy, dance, track, writing and parent education.
Nicole was one of the pioneer yoga instructors in prenatal/postpartum yoga and yoga therapy. She teaches advanced teacher training in yoga therapy and prenatal/postpartum yoga and private instruction to yoga teachers. Nicole teaches students of yoga from beginners to advanced.
She specializes in yoga therapy for individuals. Yoga Therapy covers physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well being.
As a mother of two high performance teenagers she also works with parents and student athletes and coaches in intensely competitive environments.
She is the parent representative on Stanford University’s Challenge Success program for St. Ignatius College Prep and an experienced Parent Education Coordinator.
Nicole was the Yoga Representative for Friends of Ricki of the Ricki Lake Show, and was featured on line as the Friend of the Week.
Nicole teaches all aspects of yoga therapy: postures, meditation, raja yoga, etc. She leads the Ananda Marin Meditation Group.
Nicole is a former member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists Accreditation Committee charged with implementing the new Educational Standards for the training of yoga therapists.